Sunday, April 21, 2013

Changing Databases in Kooboo CMS

Documentation | Kooboo Mail: 'via Blog this'

The Kooboo architecture is very interesting. I like how they have tried to be consistent with ASP.NET MVC.

But I need to record these notes on how to change from the default XML database to the SQL Provider because the documentation is not exactly correct.

What I had to do is this:

  1. Download and run the app in WebMatrix.
  2. Log into the admin page at localhost:nnnn/Admin (where nnnn is your port number.)
  3. Once inside the admin screen I was able to move the provider dll and config file as listed in the above link.
  4. Edit the config file to use your SQL database and put the config and dll into your site's \bin directory.
  5. Create a database in your SQL Server that matches your connection string.
  6. Restart the site in WebMatrix. 
  7. Add a new site.
    1. This site will be the first site put into the SQL database.
Hope this helps someone else because that will be the only benefit of all the hours I spent on this problem.

No comments:

Post a Comment